Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A brief summary of the missing past week

It's been difficult for me to get into this. Actually, I've been depressed, and it's only now abating to the point that I might be able to string a couple of coherent sentences together. The long weekend, the new dog, the fate of the world, and my own plight were all weighting me down, but I'm better now.

So, what's been happening in the Outskirts of Reality?

  • Tom Cruise has embarked on an apology campaign. Fuck him. I liked him better as the self-righteous light-weight he is.
  • The Crocidile Hunter (Steve Irwin) got himself killed by a stingray. I liked the silly bastard in spite of himself. Why couldn't it have been Tom Cruise or George Bush?
  • College football is underway. Media darlings Texas, Ohio State, USC, and Notre Dame have assumed the places they're apparently entitled to atop the AP poll. God damn. Look for USC to win it all unless they end up having to play a team from Florida (other than the Gators) or the SEC in the championship game.
  • George Bush is blathering about the mythical "War on Terror". I have one question for that cock-bite. If those mother-fuckers are so damn dangerous, why don't we need to secure our borders? It's bullshit, plain and simple.
  • Democrats are clamouring for Donald Rumsfeld's resignation, as if that would make some sort of difference. Those fecal flecks are even dumber, and potentially more dangerous, than the neo-cons. Fuck 'em.
  • DirecTV was assing up on me last night, but the problem seems to have corrected itself this morning.
  • The stray black dog is now "Named" and pretty much officially a member of the family. My other dogs don't like her much, and bark like crazy every morning hours before I'm ready to face the hell of another day. I haven't killed any of them. Yet.
That should more or less bring the blog up to speed. Stay tuned.

No comments: