Friday, September 15, 2006

Terrible television

I'm always surfing for something interesting, or at least amusing, to watch on television. For some strange reason, I almost never enjoy a program during its initial prime time run. There have been a few exceptions, and one of those is Monk.

Monk was one of my favorites for the first couple of years it ran. I even liked it alright in it's third season, but it was noticeably weaker without Monk's original assistant. The new girl is pretty, and I suppose a decent actress, but the tension just isn't there. Anyway, I'm watching it right now because I have absolutely nothing else to do. Unfortunately, I have to say that it is now a pretty terrible program. I don't know where they went wrong, but I suspect it's the writers. It's just not very funny anymore. I can't imagine it lasting more than one more season, unless something changes for the better. Tony Shaloub is great. It's just that the stories aren't very interesting. Or have I just grown sick of it?

I've also watched the show that immediately follows Monk on USA Network. It's so terrible I can't even think of the name. It's pointless and I doubt seriously it'll run even one more year. Others that are to bad to watch, but I watch them anyway, are Blade the series and Nightstalker. Nightstalker is especially terrible. The moral of the story is, don't watch Nightstalker, Blade, Monk, and whatever the show is that follows Monk. You'll be glad you don't.

No comments: